Thursday, August 13, 2015

Things I Love Thursday



I love my critique group!

How lucky I am that I've been a part of this amazing group for....

.....TWENTY-FIVE years!!!

We've been through life's ups and downs...

...publishing/writing/illustrating ups and downs...

We've laughed and cried and offered sage advice and warm hugs and honest words and kind looks and finger wags and encouraging words and all those things one needs in life.

We've been serious and silly and sad together.

They let me bring my timer (tick tick tick) and loved me, the gentle dictator, anyway.

Yesterday was my last (sniff, sniff) meeting with them before my move.

They gave me a gift certificate to White Flower Farm, so I can "enjoy these new blossoms as a token of our love and appreciation." (Waaaaah)

They gave me these great garden ornaments:



And this adorable dog:


And this amazing framed photo that I will cherish forever (On the background is printed all of the books we have critiqued together. So cool!) 


 I feel so blessed.

Thank you, friends.

Tick Tick Tick

3 comments:

Xena's Mom said...

Cherished memories Barbara...

Elaine Magliaro said...

Barbara,

Good luck with your move. We sold our home of thirty-seven years in 2013. I was sad to leave the home where our daughter had grown up. We loved our neighbors...and our neighborhood. That said, my husband and I are so happy living right next door to our daughter, son-in-law, and two granddaughters. Our in-law apartment is spacious...and the perfect size for two old timers. And it's so great having three generations spending so much time together!

Augusta Scattergood said...

Love this! Such special memories.